If you're a fan of REAL wrestling, you're in the right place!
This Yahoo group is designed for discussing anything and everything amateur wrestling -- folkstyle, freestyle and Greco-Roman at all levels: peewee, Jr. High, HS, college, post-college and seniors.
The photos on display here at the home page reflect the wide range of wrestling topics we cover here. From left: Minnesota's Damion Hahn throws Lehigh's Jon Trenge in the 197 lb finals at the 2003 NCAAs... Tricia Saunders, pioneering US women's wrestler... 2004 US Olympic gold medalist/159-0 Iowa State wrestler Cael Sanderson as a youth wrestler... and 2000 US Olympic gold medalist Brandon Slay.*
We want to invite and encourage participants -- wrestlers, coaches, families, friends and fans to:
* Engage in serious discussion in an open-minded atmosphere
* Ask questions and offer opinions about everything from the technical (technique, strategy, training, nutrition) to the historical to the hypothetical
* Seek advice from and brainstorm with others and share knowledge on "what works" on the mats, practice sessions, weight control, wrestling camps and schools, workouts, etc.
* Post articles, photos, videos and links of interest to the wrestling community
* Discuss topical issues that impact wrestling such as Real Pro Wrestling, Title IX, co-ed and/or women's wrestling rule changes
* Discuss wrestling-related books, videos and movies
* Share ways to promote the sport
* For more info and photos for...
> Brandon Slay's 2000 quest for Olympic gold, visit the PHOTOS section of this Yahoo group
> Cael Sanderson: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofcaelsanderson/
> Jon Trenge: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FansOfJonTrenge/
> Olympic wretling: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympic_Wrestling/